Company information Sri Lanka Export Development Board
As the national body responsible for promotion,development & facilitation of Sri Lanka's Exports, Sri Lanka Export Development Board provides know-how & assistance & facilitates the effective co-ordination of all state & private sector organisations,associations,industries & manufacturing enterprises & individuals involved in exporting our high-quality products & services to markets all over the world.
Main Functions of the EDB
* Assisting in the improvement of the macro & micro-economic environment viz a viz the development of exports, in association with the relevant state & private sector agencies and by making policy recommendations.
* Formulating & implementing the National Export Development Plan & sectoral development plans, in association with the relevant state & private sector agencies.
* Providing exporters with a viable overseas market - environment by active participation in trade negotiation & relevant follow-up activities.
* Conductiing market research/surveys and identifying market opportunities for Sri Lankan products & services.
* Implementation of supply development programs including technical,quality & packaging development,in order to assist exporters/potential exporters to improve/increase the competitiveness of exports.
* Formulating & implementing integrated product development & market development programmes,in order to expand existing markets & support exporters/potential exporters entry into new markets.
* Promoting exports by virtue of EDB's physical presence overseas.
* Implementing export development programmes for small & medium enterprises (SMEs) in order to increase the awareness of the export potential of the SME sector and to encourage & assist SMEs to export.
* Providing up to date information on markets,products,tariffs,regulations,international commodity prices,national/international trade statistics,as well as:
On-line access to international data bases
access to in-house trade publications
provision of audio visual support material to exporters
as well as the production of video films on selected export sectors
* Supporting exporters & potential exporters to conduct their businesses more effectively, with the use of information & communication technology.
* Assisting the export sector to achieve trade efficiency by helping them resolve their problems,constraints in association with related agencies.
* Assisting in the improvement of export support services in co-ordination with other service-providers.
* Working with international trade promotion organizations as well as other local trade support organisations,with the purpose of assisting exporters & potential exporters in the development of business opportunities in the world market.
Provincial Offices of the EDB:
* Central Province
SLEDB Provincial Office,22//B,Kotugodella Veediya,Kandy
* Southern Province
SLEDB Provincial Office,41,Devamitta Mawatha,China Gardens,Middle
* North-Western Province
SLEDB Provincial Office,7,South Circular Road,Kurunegala
* Eastern Province
SLEDB Provincial Office,District Secretariat,Ampara
* Uva Province
SLEDB Provincial Office, District Secretariat,Badulla
* Hambantota Office
1, Galwala Road, Hambantota
* Northern Province
SLEDB District Office,134,Moor Street,Mannar
* Bingiriya Agri Export Zone
|Legal form||Statutory Board|
|Type of company||Head Office|
|Fax||+94 11 2300715|
Key figures Sri Lanka Export Development Board
Executives Sri Lanka Export Development Board
Mrs Indira Malwatte